He's not a name you are probably familiar with, but you should be. On his latest, independently released album, Derek James blends together pop and rock to create a sound unlike many other artists out there. Sure, it's not instantly accessible or maybe the tunes don't make for high requests or heavy rotation on your local radio stations. But what the album does have is heart and soul, and that's really all you can ask of any musician. The standouts on the album are the title track and "Lovely Fool" which both feature a very lighthearted vibe, which you will surely find yourself singing along to on a sunny day. Derek doesn't only want to get you to dance, but he wants you to become a believer in his music, and this album makes it very hard not to do just that.
- Ryan Montbleau Band "Pacing Like Prince"
- Bhi Bhiman "Moving To Brussels"
- Allen Stone "Upside"
- Leon Bridges "Coming Home"
- Tom Freund (featuring Ben Harper) "Angel Eyes"
- Jose Gonzalez "Open Book"
- The Lone Bellow "Watch Over Us"
- Good Old War "Tell Me What You Want From Me"
- Rhett Miller "Kiss Me On The Fire Escape"
- Bob Schneider "Han Solo"
- Hollis Brown "3 Shots"
- Elenowen "Desert Days"
- JD McPherson "Head Over Heels"
- Grace Potter "Alive Tonight"
- Keller Williams "Mantra"
- Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers "Waiting On Love"
- Dawes "Things Happen"
- Alabama Shakes "Future People"
- My Morning Jacket "Spring (Among The Living)"
- Sam Roberts Band "Counting The Days"