- Coldplay - Live 2012
- Kate Earl - Stronger
- Phillip Phillips - The World From The Side Of The Moon
- Rachael Yamagata - Heavyweight
Recently, indie rock and folk music lines have been continually blurred by bands such as Bon Iver, Mumford & Sons, and Fleet Foxes. Lord Huron continues down that path with their debut album, showcasing a dreamy blend of indie rock and folk music that is reminiscent of bands like Death Cab For Cutie and My Morning Jacket, among others. The music is the message and the entire album takes the listener on a sonic journey, telling a story both through the lyrics and the music itself. "Time To Run" is the album's stand out track, epitomizing the essence of Lord Huron's music equally through music and words. Other tracks that highlight the best parts of the album are the lead track "Ends Of The Earth" and the storyteller "The Man Who Lives Forever." Lord Huron sits comfortably at a crossroads between what is artistically musical and commercially relevant, a perfect spot for an act trying to hold onto critical integrity while still allowing for popular success.
Medeski Martin And Wood are artists who paint with their instruments.The sonic landscapes created by this trio mix everything from jazz to rock to electronic music in ways that are unmatched. Their latest is a live album that showcases some of the best organic and improvisational jazz music that they've ever created or performed. It's part smoky jazz club and part jam band rock concert rolled up into one. Most of the music is original, but all of it shows off the MMW's talents with going their own may and at times the music can sound as simple or complex as a jam session. MMW continue to push the envelope with their attack on the ears, and this latest release shows off just how well they do it in front of a live audience.
New music out today worth checking out:
- Matt Costa - Sacred Hills
- Mike Doughty - The Flip Is Another Honey
- Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors - Another Neighborly Christmas
- Joshua James - From The Top Of Willamette Mountain
- Neil Halstead "Digging Shelters"
- Mountain Breathers "Sweet California"
- Dan Curcio "Durango Pines"
- Jon And Roy "Somebody Knows"
- Kate Earl (featuring Brett Dennen) "Native Son"
- Tristan Prettyman "I Was Gonna Marry You"
- Ari Hest "Untitled, Part 2"
- The Pines "Rise Up And Be Lonely"
- Dan Craig "Down My Legs"
- Matthew Mayfield "Take What I Can Get"
- Joshua Hyslop "Do Not Let Me Go"
- Joshua Radin "Tomorrow Is Gonna Be Better"
- John Mayer "Go Easy On Me"
- Rayland Baxter "The Woman For Me"
- The Avett Brothers "Down With The Shine"
- Brandi Carlile "Keep Your Heart Young"
- Will Hoge "Times Are Not Changing"
- Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite "I Don't Believe A Word You Say"
- Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown "Last One Leaving"
- Gary Clark Jr. "When My Train Pulls In"